I’m Geraldine, your Food Intolerance and Gut Health Dietitian, and the creator of The Gut Friendly Dietitian.
After being faced with food intolerance issues in my daughter and husband, and noticing the lack of specialised nutrition advice for these issues, it was obvious that a skilled practitioner in this field was lacking. As a result, I furthered my dietetics training by completing the Dietitian’s Association of Australia’s Professional Certificate in the Medical Nutrition Therapy for Food Allergy and Food Intolerance, and Monash University’s Low FODMAP Diet Training Course for Health Professionals. I have also completed observation at the RPAH Food Allergy Unit to improve my proficiency in delivering a low food chemical diet, and am a recognised FAILSAFE Dietitian under the Food Intolerance Network.
My professional career consists of a mixture of private practice, public speaking, health writing, professional mentoring and health coaching. My private practice is predominantly filled with patients needing help to get on top of their gut health and manage their food intolerance. I have run a number of successful education seminars on the low FODMAP diet to both dietitians for their professional development and people local to the Illawarra. Additionally, I provide freelance writing services to contractors, am a supervising mentor for a Provisional Accredited Practising Dietitian, and am also skilled and experienced in using a health coaching approach to facilitate positive behaviour changes.
Come and learn more about me by clicking the button below.
- Accredited Practising Dietitian & Accredited Nutritionist
- Monash University Low FODMAP Trained Dietitian
- FAILSAFE Dietitian
- Health Coach
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Honours – Class 1)
- Professional Certificate in Medical Nutrition Therapy for Food Allergy & Food Intolerance
- Monash University Low FODMAP Diet for Dietitians Training Course
- FODMAP Friendly Seminar Series – Low FODMAP Diet in Practice
- Health Coaching Core Training Parts One and Two – Health Change Australia